I remember a time when we didn’t bother locking our door, in fact there were folks who didn’t even have locks on their doors.
If God is judging us, and he is, what is our grade going to look like as we look at the growth of crime? At the loss of Christian followers?
Did you know that Oklahoma has the highest level of female prisoners in the United States?
We have over flowing prisons, and we have a choice:
First we can continue on the same path, allowing criminals to share their education in how to commit crime, and in the process:
set well trained criminals on the streets to cause more crime, more mayhem, more injury to the physical, and the pocket.
We can become responsible and support people who go into the prisons and teach them the ways of Christ. We can set loose upon America an army of evangelists.
This would reduce the need for more weapons, and more training.
We would then only need weapons to protect us from the government.
Our prisons are overflowing. Bunks now line the floors due to that overcrowding.
So, what can you do as one individual?
Do you really believe in the power of prayer? Is your prayer life as healthy as it should be? The first two items in the following list should be of utmost importance to you, at least do this just before you head to the gun store, or shooting range.
- Enter into a national, fervent prayer for the revival of God’s word in the prisons.
- Actually jot down a prayer we can share with the prisoners, or at least a note of encouragement. You have no idea what the effect of this might have on them.
- Become even greater involved, encourage your local congregation to support a prison ministry.
- Get a badge, go to the prisons and share in their worship, you don’t have to preach, just sit there like you were in church, because that’s where you would be.
- Start preaching in a prison. Send it to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and I will see that it gets to the prisoners.
- Write a prayer for the prisoners, and to the prisoners: