From Justin Brierley’s “Unbelievable” podcast.
Stephen Meyer is a leading proponent of Intelligent Design who directs the Centre for Science and Culture at the Discovery Institute in Seattle. His most recent book “Signature in the Cell” claims to show that the DNA code is the product of intelligent mind, not naturalistic processes. Keith Fox is Professor of Biochemistry at Southampton University. He chairs the UK Christians in Science network but disagrees strongly with ID. They debate how life could have originated and whether design is allowed as an explanation in science.
Summary: (stuff in italics is my snarky paraphrase)
- background and how he got interested in intelligent design
- his research focus is on the origin of life – the first replicator
- summarizes the history of origin of life studies
- authored the book “Signature in the Cell”
- the DNA enigma: where did the information in DNA come from?
View original post 1,644 more words