Last week on the podcast we covered leaders of churches or Christian ministries who don’t act in the most Christ-like of ways. This week, we flip that and examine the traits of healthy, tenured pastors and leaders.
Some highlights from the episode:
- Long-tenured pastors don’t necessarily mean a church will be healthy. But several short-term ones almost guarantee it’s not.
- Praying daily for your congregation will not only give you a heart for your people but a spiritual and relational connection you would otherwise miss.
- Don’t treat your church as an island in the sea of your community.
- You don’t always have to get your way as a pastor.
- Many pastors are short-term because they pick so many fights.
- Healthy accountability is needed for healthy leadership.
- Pastors need both organizational accountability and personal accountability.
The 10 traits we cover are:
- They pray daily for their church members and staff.
- They view their family…
View original post 104 more words